High quality coding micro services with cutting-edge technologies. If you live and breathe agility, performance and scalability, read on.
You will play a key role in the scrum team for backend. The team is responsible for radio.net’s backend services and APIs.
As Senior Developer for Java Backend you are responsible for technical conception, implementation, testing and software delivery. You will be working closely together with the Technical Lead, QA Engineer and other Developers in the team to create the best radio experience on the Web. You will take responsibility to shape the Backend of a growing international internet platform.
- Translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Implementing new features, maintaining and constantly improving the code base
- Perform estimating, coding and debugging
- Designing and implementing automated regression and performance tests
- Delivering software to testing, staging and production systems
- Maintaining the Continuous Integration system
- Bringing your own ideas to the team
- Analyzing your code in action in advanced monitoring tools like New Relic
- Pushing development to see what’s possible today in creating better software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field
- Very good German and English skills
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Three or more years of software design and software development experience as Java developer including experience in the complete
- Must have experience developing and maintaining production level micro services with docker
- Must have experience creating and performing automated unit and load tests
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Proficient in Java 8, Spring, RESTful APIs, docker, MongoDB, MySQL,JUnit, MDD, DDD
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Familiarity with Automation Tools
- Familiarity with REST API Tools
- Ability to face unexpected problems and challenges during the development process
- The ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- The ability and willingness to learn emerging technologies
- Good knowlede of the following concepts: Micro Service Patterns and Anti Patterns, Resilient Software, Reactive Systems, Big Data
- Experience with Apache kafka would be an advantage
- Experience with kubernetes or docker swarm would be an advantage
- Experience with Hadoop/Pig and/or Apache Spark would be an advantage
- Experience analyzing logs with ELK Stack would be an advantage
- Experience and good knowledge of Lucene, Solr or Elastic Search wo-uld be an advantage
- Experience developing with Clojure would be an advantage
- Experience developing with OSGI would be and advantage
- Experience implementing backend support for A/B testing would be an advantage
- Experience developing / implementing recommendation algorithms would be an advantage
- Experience with Googles Protocol Buffers is a plus
- Familiarity with git is a plus
Working for radio.net
We offer you challenging and varying tasks in a commited, pleasant and international team. We set ourselves ambitious goals in accordance with a clear work-life balance. You will work in a comfortable and modern working atmosphere in Hamburg-Winterhude. You will benefit from training opportunities and regularly held team events, as well as 30 days vacation.
Flexible working hours
Need to leave early because you have builders doing work in your home? We’ll find a solution.
Fresh fruit and cold drinks
Our kitchen provides you with cold drinks and coffee. A fruit basket is delivered every week.
It’s never too late to learn. In order for us to further develop our expertise, we have coaches regularly coming to our office such as English teachers.
Have you reached your data limit? Don’t worry! All our team members have free access to our WIFI.
Windows XP? Not here. As a young tech start up we keep up with the latest trends as does our equipment.
Regular team events
The „we“ feeling is one of our top priorities. That’s why we regularly conduct team events such as playing baseball and canoeing.